Wednesday, March 4, 2009

homes away from home

Well, the forms have been filled out: it looks like i'll be going Back 2 Skool in the next few weeks, as a Graduate-in-residence in the ceramics department at Curtin. I'm really excited about this! I get to use kilns and hang with old friends and maybe even make new ones! Most awesomely, i can use all the resources - equipment, library books, studio space - and i don't need to pay a cent. THAT's education.

Here's a few photos of my garage studio. You see: my work bench:

What you can't see: the ever-spawning community of daddy-long-legs spiders that festers away in the corners, under the bench, under my stool, in my storage boxes - and the accumulating mass of crushed spider bodies in the broom bristles.

You see: my wheel and wedging table:

What you can't see: The half-dismantled old car directly behind the chairs, mechanic's tools strewn hazardously across the floor, my brother spending half an hour hammering an engine part into what he later realised was the wrong place. Seriously. Boys. Can't live with'em, can't get free rent without'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment