Sunday, May 10, 2009

Return of the Swamp Thing

I'm back! I've been getting sucked into the gloopy mire of a busy schedule, but now i'm going to be awesome instead. I've been getting a bit more work done at uni and I will show you once it's high-fired and shiny.

I visited Melbourne for a week-and-a-bit and whilst most of my time was spent at the Suzuki Convention, I made time to visit some great little galleries in the city centre, and a way-too-brief visit to the National Gallery of Victoria, where there was a jaw-dropping exhibit of ancient ceramic and stone artifacts. I also spent an almost shameful amount of time in the Craft Victoria shop, and came away with new posessions and new ideas.

I also came across a little shop on Brunswick St, selling a fantastic new art surface which is a bit like plaster, a bit like ceramic, a bit like a chalkboard... visit http://www.panelpop.com/ to have a look. I ended up buying a little framed square one that i have been playing around with. Drawing! It is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment